New school, big changes! Freshman year can be quite an adjustment, but with these easy tips, freshman year can be an easy transition from home!
1. Don’t…step…on…the…seal! Whatever you do. Miami legend says stepping on the seal will cause you to fail your first final and it doesn’t just stop there, you’ll be sure to end up on someone’s snapchat story, marked for eternity with academic bad luck.
2. Pulley Dinner is open 24/7 and never conforms to special holiday restrictions. A late night during finals week doesn’t mean staying holed up in the library, grab a milkshake and fries at Pulley! The retro feel makes you even more grateful for easybib’s accessibility and a strong internet connection.
3. Take advantage of the on-campus Starbucks that accepts meal plan. With the variety of food options at Miami, getting your caffeine fix has become easier than ever! Meet up with friends at the Café in Armstrong and get a bite to eat at Redzone (the mozzarella sticks, trust me).
4. Get involved! Joining clubs at Miami are easier than ever with an annual Mega-Fair, a large collection of clubs with information and sign-up sheets, helping get you involved quickly your freshman year. Sign Up for everything you can, but don't over do it! Club involvement is imperative on resumes and an easy way to make friends.
5. Ask your professors for help, especially at the beginning. Friends become family and professors become academic guides to help you achieve a job after college, they fulfil the authority requirement instead of your RA. Remember, they’re here to help. Oh, and don’t raise your hand to ask to use the restroom.
6. Converse with people in your hall. Don’t be shy! Crack open your door and turn on the music! Bring over some snacks from McCracken market and have a movie night. They’ll be the ones letting you use their printer when you’re late for class and it’s nice to have someone to pull an all-nighter with.
7. Download AddMe, a social media sharing app, that helps you trade information on the go! It’s essential for freshman year as a great way to connect with new acquaintances and make your social experience that more enjoyable. AddMe connects friends with big social media apps including: Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and more while also being a fast way to share phone numbers with new friends. Almost everyone at Miami University has it! Click HERE to check it out!
8. Enjoy your experience! This time of your life will go by quicker than you imagine and with these easy tips, Miami University will always be your home. Love & Honor.